About Us: Scott Exley
Recovery Pro / 100%FIT is me, Scott Exley. I am a former International athlete having competed for Great Britain in the Decathlon.
I have worked in the fitness industry since 1997, for all of my adult life. I started Personal Training in 1999 and have been doing it ever since! Over the years I have been fortunate to work under and alongside some incredibly knowledgeable trainers, coaches and physiotherapists who have all made an impact on my own development as a trainer, coach and rehabilitation specialist. I’m a big believer in continual professional development (CPD) and regularly undertake courses and attend, conferences, seminars and workshops helping me continue to improve my knowledge and level of service for everything I offer.
One of my earliest memories is of watching Daley Thompson competing in and winning the Decathlon at the 1984 Olympics. As a result Athletics became my first love with competitive sport, health, fitness and the human body all becoming passions, fascinations, obsessions even at times! I have also fought MMA (mixed martial arts) at semi-pro level, ran marathon’s, competed naturally in physique shows with many more things I’d still like to do.
For however long my life is, training will always be an integral part of it. I am fortunate to be able to earn a living sharing that passion and helping such a variety of clients improve and make progress.
Other Qualifications and Professional Job Roles include:
- UKSCA Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach – Level 3.
- ARNI (Action for Rehabilitation from Neurological Injury) Accredited Instructor
- Master Trainer – Level 4
- Diet and Nutrition Advisor – Level 3
- Diploma in Massage – Level 3
- ISAK certified anthropometry (body composition) practitioner
- Worked with BWT Chartered Physiotherapists from 2003-2016 helping people with learning disabilities, head injuries, Parkinson’s, Multiple sclerosis, strokes, cerebral palsy, paralysis, hip/ knee replacements and dementia.
- Worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Bournemouth University from November 2012-December 2014 and October 2017-March 2018.
- Worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach with Youth Development Squad of Swim Bournemouth from September 2013-January 2015
- Worked with all levels of people from beginners to competitive athletes, from 1:1 up to large groups
- Working as part of the Primitive Performance Team delivering bespoke training & nutrition Body Transformation Programmes from November 2016-current
- Enhanced DBS – Cert no: (No:001427278782)